Trading Partner Testing and Certification Process
- All submitters/trading partners must be currently enrolled in Medicare EDI with an actively billing Medicare provider
- At this time, NHIC, Corp does not require submitters/trading partners to make appointments for testing.
- If at any time appointments are needed due to an increase in submitter testing, such notice will be posted on the MedicareNHIC website
- Test files submitted to the CABBS mailbox prior to 3:00pm local time, Monday through Friday, will be accepted and processed in the nightly batch cycle.
- Test claims received after the cutoff time on Friday and anytime during the weekend will be processed the next nightly batch cycle.
- An EDI specialist will review the CABBS transmission log, along with the acknowledgment transactions (TA1and/or 999, and/or 277CA) for HIPAA compliancy and billing accuracy on each inbound test file submitted.
- Test results will be communicated to the contact listed in the 1000A PER segment of the inbound file generally within 3 business days, but will not exceed 10 business days.
- Any errors identified on the test files must be corrected and resubmitted for validation.
- Once the test files are approved by an EDI specialist, the Submitter/Trading Partner profile will be updated to allow the submission of production claims.